Thursday, October 31, 2013

Extra Blog Post (October)

When I went to go get my interview done with Ms. Alvarez, I took a closer look at her teaching methods and compared them to Ms. De La Pena's. Ms. De La Pena's class is more group based while Ms. Alvarez has more of an independent feel.
I also noticed how some teachers may lose their temper at some point. It is evident that elementary school teachers tend to lose their temper more compared to high school teachers and college professors. So when I went to elementary I remember a lot of yelling and mad teachers telling a student what to do or what they did wrong. At Cal Poly I've only seen a professor lose their temper twice due to the lack of students coming in way too late for class. During my years at iPoly since freshmen year till now, I've seen a teacher lose their temper about six times (with different teachers).
Therefore, studying these behaviors I've now come to a conclusion that teaching takes a whole lot of patience. 
My topic has changed a bit though so I won't be looking into teaching any longer. My focus will be either on Autism or Dyslexia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment