Monday, April 28, 2014

Blog 20: Exit Interview

Content:

(1) What is your essential question and answers? What is your best answer and why?
- What is the best resource a special ed team can provide highly autistic students in elementary school in order to promote academic success?
- My three answers: Having effective IEP Goals, developing consistency, and parent involvement
- Best answer: Helping the student in developing their consistency
- Why is this my best answer?:  Usually kids deal with a lot of consistency in the first place and it is very much incorporated in daily life and in school.

(2) What process did you take to arrive at this answer?
- With some of my recent research I saw some videos (ELIJA &CafeMom) that showed ways a student learned and they all showed ways of being consistent.

(3) What problems did you face? How did you resolve them?
- Problems like not being able to meet with one of my mentors due to the different schedules. Also, since I am going to mentorship at a school it's a bit harder for me to stay longer at mentorship because I also go to school.
- Resolve? During Spring Break I had the chance to meet with the mentor I had trouble seeing. I met with the her at least twice the whole day and got to observe the classroom and it's functions.

(4) What are the two most significant sources you used to answer your essential question and why?
- Mentorship; Yadira Rivera, since I feel like she has more knowledge about it (with 19+ years of experience). Also articles written by Michelle Garcia Winner that talked a lot about improving in speech.







Be prepared with evidence and specific examples to support any response.  It is also significant to cite sources as you explain..

No comments:

Post a Comment