Friday, April 25, 2014

Independent Component 2: Blog 19

Content:

LITERAL:
(a) “I, Kimberly Gallardo, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”
(b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component

- Yadira Rivera, who works at Cortez Magnet who works as a special education teacher for kindergarten.
- Valeria De La Pena, who also works at Cortez Magnet as a first grade teacher.
(c) Provide a digital spreadsheet (aka log of the 30 hours). Post it next to your mentorship log.
(d) Explanation of what you completed. 
- I've completed 30+ hours of helping in a first grade classroom, mostly working with the students and helping the teacher events held inside the classroom. I also sat and observed in the special education classroom over Spring Break so that would be able to stay through the whole day.


INTERPRETIVE:
Defend your work and explain how the significant parts of your component and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work. Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.


During Cesar Chavez Week







Easter






APPLIED:
How did the component help you answer your EQ? Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped.
I was able to visit Ms. Rivera's classroom several times even though the schedule was a bit tough. When going to observe in her classroom I had a better understanding of how things worked inside and outside of the classroom. I now have a better connection with Ms. De La Pena as a result from all the times I've been to her classroom and learned more about her teaching style.

No comments:

Post a Comment