Friday, May 23, 2014

Blog 22: Senior Project Reflection


(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your Block Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?
- I was able to meet the time requirement of thirty minutes. At first I wasn't confident that I was going to make so, I feel proud that I was able to.

(2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Block Presentation (self-assessment)?

      P       

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

      P 

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?






- I was able to find a mentor (Ms. De La Pena) that was willing to help me, we formed a really good relationship. She also referred me to Yadira Rivera who works in the special education department with a few highly autistic students, so that I could go observe her classroom.

(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?

- Have more structure in the classroom, speak a little more confidently. Have a more hands on experience with children that have autism; not just learning from observation.

(5) Finding Value

How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors? Be specific and use examples.
- The volunteer work (mentorship) was enjoyable and it also counts for my community hours that I need for college. Also, knowing about autism helped me learn about other types of disorders which helped me learn about different types of behaviors. Now I am able to comprehend why some people act the way they do, when at first I didn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment